CDCAN REPORT #102-2012: Assembly Budget Subcommittee Meets Friday May 25th 1:30 PM – Will Vote on $200 Million Developmental Services Reductions & Savings With Changes As Approved By Senate – Main Focus of Hearing is Realignment
ASSEMBLY BUDGET SUBCOMMITTEE MEETS MAY 25TH FRIDAY AT 1:30 PM TO VOTE ON $200 MILLION DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES REDUCTION AND SAVINGS IN STATE GENERAL FUND SPENDING – FOCUS OF HEARING ON REALIGNMENT ISSUES
- Assembly Budget Subcommittee Will Take Up Developmental Services Reduction Proposal Under “For Vote Only” With No Additional Public Comment – Issue Previously Heard May 17th
- Assembly Budget Subcommittee Staff Recommending Approval of Brown Administration Proposal With the Changes Adopted by the Senate Budget Subcommittee on Thursday May 24th
- Governor’s Proposal to Include Developmental Services in the 2012-2013 “Trigger Cuts” On Agenda – Subcommittee Staff Recommending That If Developmental Services Is Included that Budget Trailer Bill Language Similar to 2011-2012 “Trigger Cuts” Be Used
- Final Assembly Budget Subcommittee on Health & Human Services Hearing May 31st With Final Actions Taken on Any Remaining “Open Issues” – No Hearings Scheduled for May 29th or 30th
SACRAMENTO, CA (CDCAN) [Last updated 05/24/2012 10:35 PM] – The Assembly Budget Subcommittee #1 on Health and Human Services will take up “for vote only” on Friday afternoon (May 25th) at 1:30 PM at the State Capitol in Room 126, the Brown Administration’s proposals to achieve $200 million in savings and reductions to the developmental services budget for the 2012-2013 State Budget year that begins July 1st. The Assembly Budget Subcommittee staff is recommending that the full subcommittee approve those proposals with the changes as passed on Thursday morning (May 24th) by the Senate Budget Subcommittee #3 on Health and Human Services.
The recommendations are contained in the 23 page hearing agenda for May 25th and is attached to this CDCAN Report, saved as a document pdf file titled “2012-05-25 – Assembly Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services – Realignment and Open Issues – Agenda.pdf” Also attached to this CDCAN Report are two 1 page attachments dealing with the shifting of certain State services to the counties – many which will impact children and adults with disabilities, seniors and others:
- “2012-05-25 – Assembly Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services – Attachment B1 realignment Fund Structure 2012-13 – Agenda.pdf”
- “2012-05-25 – Assembly Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services – Attachment B2 realignment Fund Structure 2015-16 – Agenda.pdf”
The main focus of the May 25th hearing is the Governor’s proposals impacting shifting of certain public safety and social services from the State to the counties – a transition called “realignment”.
CDCAN will issue a full report with full details of the specific proposals and actions by both subcommittees immediately after final vote is taken Friday.
CDCAN will also issue a separate report later this evening (or early morning) on other actions taken by both the Assembly and Senate Budget Subcommittees on Health and Human Services on Thursday.
Read more here.