CDCAN: CDCAN LIST OF ALL BUDGET TRAILER BILLS PASSED BY LEGISLATURE JUNE 15th & JUNE 27th
CDCAN has organized a list of budget trailer bills with links to the respective bills. As we know Governor Brown signed the main budget bill. Nevertheless, this article is a great resource for access to the bills.
MAIN BUDGET BILL
The State’s budget plan is contained in several bills: the main budget bill that contains basically spending totals and some language on how some of that spending is to be made; and two dozen or so budget related bills – called budget trailer bills (because those bills follow or trail the main budget bill) that contain changes in State law needed to implement policy changes and reductions that the main budget numbers are based on.
In addition there is a budget trailer bill – AB 1497 – that was passed by both houses today – that makes revisions to the main budget bill contained in AB 1464. That bill may also be on the Governor’s desk this evening.
AB 1464 – MAIN BUDGET BILL
LATEST ACTION 06/15/2012: PASSED State Senate by vote of 23 to 16. PASSED Assembly by vote of 50 to 25. Sent to Governor at 3:30 PM.
NEXT STEP: Governor has until end of the day June 27th to sign or veto the bill (or the bill becomes law without his signature).
BILL COPY – 06/15/2012 ENROLLED HTML VERSION:
BILL COPY - 06/15/2012 ENROLLED PDF VERSION (736 Pages):
COPY OF 06/15/2012 SENATE FLOOR ANALYSIS:
COPY OF 06/14/2012 SENATE BUDGET COMMITTEE ANALYSIS:
CDCAN LIST OF BUDGET TRAILER BILLS BY BUDGET AREA
The following is a listing – by program, service or budget area – of the budget trailer bills, to help people find the right budget trailer bill. This listing is not complete, but just a rough overview of key services and programs – and where they are impacted in which trailer bill. CDCAN will publish a more complete listing later tonight.
- ALCOHOL AND DRUG PROGRAMS: SB 1014 (outlining the transfer of programs and responsibilities from the Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs to other departments)
- CALWORKS & CHILD CARE– Mostly contained in SB 1041 (human services trailer bill) and AB 1497 (revisions to the main budget bill that reflects reductions and policy changes to CalWORKS and Child Care)
- CAREGIVER RESOURCE CENTERS: SB 1497 (health trailer bill) moving this budget item from Department of Mental Health to Department of Health Care Services
- CHILD WELFARE SERVICES: SB 1013 (covering realignment of several child welfare services including adoption assistance, foster care)
- COORDINATED CARE INITIATIVE: SB 1008 (dealing expansion from 4 to 8 counties of the existing “dual eligible” demonstration project and integration of other health programs including the Multipurpose Senior Services Program and the Community-Based Adult Services program) and SB 1036 (focus on how IHSS would function as a Medi-Cal managed care benefit in the demonstration counties)
- DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES (including regional centers, developmental centers and Early Start): AB 1472 (developmental services trailer bill). See also SB 1041 (human services trailer bill) regarding cost of living adjustments for dual agency rates; and SB 1013 (child welfare services) dealing with the adoption assistance and foster care programs that include many children with developmental disabilities. Also AB 1497 (revisions to main budget bill) that includes authorization for the new budget “trigger cuts” should voters reject the Governor’s November temporary tax increase ballot measure.
- EDUCATION: SB 1016 (the education finance trailer bill), but also AB 1497 (revisions to main budget bill) that contain provisions regarding education as a priority, and authorization for new “trigger cuts” that largely hit education.
- HEALTHY FAMILIES PROGRAM: AB 1494 (eventual elimination of the program and transition of the nearly 900,000 children into Medi-Cal managed care plans)
- IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES: SB 1036 (Coordinated Care Initiative and IHSS including creation of State Public Authority and also how IHSS would function as a Medi-Cal Managed Care benefit), and SB 1041 (human services budget trailer bill including continuation of existing 3.6% across-the-board cut for all IHSS recipients for one additional year)
- MEDI-CAL: AB 1467 (health budget trailer bill includes mandatory co-payments for all Medi-Cal recipients for non-emergency ER visits and for non-preferred drugs; certain reductions to Medi-Cal hospitals; expansion of Medi-Cal managed care to 28 rural counties) and also SB 1008 dealing with the Coordinated Care Initiative impacting people with disabilities and seniors who are “dual eligible” for Medicare and Medi-Cal.
- MENTAL HEALTH: AB 1470 (dealing with establishment of new Department of State Hospitals and elimination of the Department of Mental Health and transfer of certain programs and services), and SB 1009 (that also deals with realigning (shifting) certain community-based services to the counties and other departments including the Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment Program (EPSDT). Also see AB 1467 (health trailer bill) dealing with transfer of functions of the Mental Health Services Act Oversight Commission.
- MULTIPURPOSE SENIOR SERVICES PROGRAM (MSSP): SB 1008 (as part of the long term supports and services piece of the Coordinated Care Initiative)
- OFFICE OF HEALTH EQUITY: AB 1467 (health trailer bill) that includes creation of this new office within the Department of Public health, consolidating functions the Office of Women’s Health, the Office of Multicultural Services, the Office of Multicultural Health, the Health in All Policies Task Force and the Healthy Places Team
- PUBLIC SAFETY: SB 1020, SB 2021, SB 1022 (correctional facilities) and SB 1023
- REHABILITATION APPEALS BOARD – SB 1041 (human services trailer bill – elimination of this board and transfer of its responsibilities)
- SPECIAL EDUCATION: See AB 1467 (Health trailer bill) regarding California Children’s Services and payment of services under a child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP). Also see (generally) SB 1016, (education finance trailer bill).
- WOMEN – COMMISSION ON THE STATUS OF WOMEN: SB 1038
CDCAN LIST OF BUDGET TRAILER BILLS BY BILL NUMBER
- The following is a list of all 27 budget trailer bills the Legislature passed (on either June 15th or June 27th) that make changes in State law in order to implement reductions, certain types of appropriations or policy changes contained in the main budget bill.
- The bills are listed in bill number order, with Assembly bills listed first, followed by Senate bills.
- In all cases links to the very latest versions of the bills (both html and pdf versions) are listed.
- In some cases, where there might be potential interest or impact on people with disabilities, mental health needs, the blind, seniors and/or low income families, links to legislative floor and/or committee analysis are also included.
Continue to the Bills here: