#Fight4OurHealth Actions & Events THIS WEEK
Dear Aging Advocates,
Please see below for a complete list of statewide events happening this week – BIG thank you to Justice in Aging and Amber Christ for sharing this info with us!
From Justice in Aging:
I’ve put together all the events that I have heard about through Fight4OurHealth and elsewhere. The House will vote on the American Health Care Act this Thursday March 23rd. In the event you have not seen this toolkit, it offers a way to tweet directly to house members or post directly to Facebook the number of people losing health care coverage in each congressional district. It also includes phone number and call scripts. Also, I’ve attached a spreadsheet that shows how each population (e.g. Children, seniors, employer) will lose coverage by congressional district. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AsDez86TCuKD4WYuO_0QOB7dbhMwFa7HZ90gzRPahdk/edit#gid=0
This is a critical week, and there is a lot going on. Below you will find a list of all of the events happening – please share this information in your networks, and please help us turn out to these events!
Wednesday, March 22nd
- Assembly Informational Hearing in Fresno on GOP Proposal
- 1-4pm Fresno City Hall (2600 Fresno St
- RSVP here
- CFILC & DRC Press Conference Sacramento State Capitol
- Governor’s Office Room 1190 – 11:00 a.m.
- RSVP today by 5PM if you want to participate to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Westside Independent Living Center – Los Angeles Press Conference
- 11a.m. – 12 p.m. Westside Center for Independent Living 12901 Venice Blvd.
Thursday, March 23rd
- Rapid Response Actions:
- Modesto: Denham’s District office 12pm RSVP here
- Clovis: Nunes’ District Office 5:30pm RSVP here
- Bakersfield: Valadao’s District Office 5:30pm RSVP here
- Palmdale: Knight’s District Office 5pm RSVP here
- Huntington Beach: Rohrabacher’s District Office 6pm RSVP here
- Brea: Royce’s District Office 5pm RSVP here
- Press Conference on ACA’s 7th anniversary in Sacramento @ 11am West Steps of State Capitol. RSVP to Rachel Linn-Gish: email@example.com
- March and Rally in Los Angeles for ACA @ 11am RSVP here
Friday, March 24th
- Senate Informational Hearing in San Diego on GOP Proposal
- Fowler Family BallroomParma Payne Goodall Alumni Center 5500 Campanile DriveSan Diego